Sunday 8 February 2015

Dark day 12/16, Peshawar massacre

 
Peshawar massacre, young girl crying in the protest
12thof January, after 26 days of Army Public School (APS), Peshawar massacre. Brave students, Parents and citizen of Peshawar proved that no one can beat their courage. When on the morning of 12th January I reached outside the APS, stunningly there was meager security for the big crowd. Tens and hundreds of people were present to welcome the brave students of APS along with the parents of martyred students and teachers.

On 12thof January the scene was completely changed and different then the day of 16th December. I remember that when I was standing outside the APS, a mother came near to  me and shouted whereis my son, is he safe or not?.  She was crying and I was speak-lessShe said…… “At breakfast ‘Ahmad’desired for a new pant, shirt and I told him that after your school we both proceed to market and buy a new suit for you”.She wanted to go near Army Public School but security person repeatedly reared her politely. Because on the Saddar road Peshawar this was not sole-mother but many others who were worried and have a panic story.

On 15thto late night I finished my piece for thethird world.net  At that time I have planned to take rest and will slept as much I want. I told my wife that on 16thDecember I have no engagement so please let me sleep. But on the morning of 16th December it was 10.00 am when one of my source called and told that something extra ordinary happened in Peshawar, I ignored it because blast becomes daily routine for Peshawar, but after 2 or 3 minutes a call from Karachi office and editor was online, he excused for awaking me but he was deadly serious,which upset me, I asked him what is problem. Instant reply to my question he advised to take bath and get ready as soon as possible. I felt that there is some thing extra ordinary. When I called him he advised me that I must reach at warsik road Peshawar, he told me that there is attack on Army Public School. Still there is no breaking on Televisions but after few minutes there will be. He asked me that they want exclusive.

Like other peoples security peoples stopped me away from school. I clearly listened firing, cross firing and blasts. This hate  noise put different effects to different peoples. Media person rushed and wanted to know  what happened and parents present stood with dejected hearts. 


Same time I saw a high official to whom I asked about is this, his answer which was quite horrible regarding massacre of young students.

I realized that to stand in front of school is useless so I moved toward Lady Reading Hospital (LRH). When I reached their ambulance arrived and rescue workers were ready but unfortunately young student was not alive and his dead body was shifted to morgue. After that number of ambulances arrived within the heart break scenes.Dead body of six years old khola brought she was not in school uniform, her body shocked me. For few minutes I lost my sense, I forget that I am a professional reporter. Same time I listened announcement for blood donation which brought me in the process. I realized that  only Al-khidmat, Flah Insaniat Foundation and Edhi workers were busy in rescue works.

Number of killed and injured students reached within every few minutes. Clearly it is a big tragedy and there is lack of rescue and accommodation services for injured students.

At night time dozen of funeral prayers done in the Peshawar.  After that I  filed stories for local and international media also. Next day visit the horrible scenes were there which can’t be expressed in words.  Reporting on this terrible event was difficult and will  never forgot ever in my life but the scenes of 12th January when APS reopened were also unforgettable. A lot difference between two dates , 12/16  will be remembered in history as black day and 12th January will be remembered to bring back the courage of  young students.

Stories Published :

‪#‎Peshawar‬ massacre Slain brother vowed to revenge
http://ummat.com.pk/2015/01/26/news.php?p=story6.gif
http://ummat.com.pk/2015/01/26/news.php?p=story5.gif

‪#‎Peshawar‬ massacre, a brave teacher safe dozens life's 

First day in school

No comments:

Post a Comment